Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Chemo is over

Well I haven't updated in forever and I feel bad. Things got busy and crazy around here. I ended up in the hospital at around 30 weeks pregnant for 5 days. Chemo triggered some Braxton Hicks type contractions. I didn't dilate or anything like that. But these contractions were every 2 to 3 minutes and wouldn't stop. So I went in and they gave me 3 shots of something to stop them. Those only worked temporarily. They gave me two steroid injections in 24 hours for baby's lungs. I was then put on a magnesium drip that made me very high. I couldn't focus my eyes on anything. I may not have minded, had it not given me a terrible headache and the worst reflux of my life. But it stopped the contractions. First I was Life Flighted to a better hospital. I was there a total of 5 days. I dreaded my last chemo for this reason. Thank God I had only one left. It did start the contractions though. But they were able to stop them quicker this time and I only stayed in the hospital for one night. At 36 weeks pregnant I got up in the night to go potty as usual. I layed down on the couch and when I rolled my big belly over I heard a pop. I was kind of half asleep so I wasn't sure exactly what the sound was. I tried to go back to sleep and rolled over again. This time, I felt a small gush of fluid and thought I may have peed myself but then, it didn't FEEL like I peed. And I never had to even go. I had just went. So I sat up, dazed, confused...thinking it could have been my water. I got up went to the bathroom, no leaking. I then got up again, took a step or two and that's when the gushing started. My water had broken! This was unexpected as this was my fourth child and never had my water broken before labor before. So, I wake up my hubby and we get in the car and rush to the hospital. Again, because of my cancer and the baby being early I had to be life flighted to the hospital that specializes in preterm babies. So I got there about 6:30 a.m. and due to the long drive my hubby didn't get there until 10:00 a.m. I got an epidural and felt pretty good. I pushed for 10 minues and little Gabriella Faith joined us at 2:10 p.m. on November 17, 2007 weighing in at 6 lbs. 2.8 oz and 18 inches long. She has adorable strawberry blonde hair and is welcomed home by her big sisters Alexandra, Mikayla and Angelina. We are all so thankful she made it through this ordeal. She is early but strong. She needed no NICU and is doing great. I did take her into the hospital once because of some fast breathing. She has reflux. Please keep my baby girl in your prayers. I believe she has a great purpose for making it into this world and I worry about her. The more prayers out there, the stronger I am. I appreciate all those who have followed her story and mine. Though I think so much as this is the story of her life. I had been on birth control. I only went off it for 3 weeks and was pregnant. I didn't plan on more children. Then I was diagnosed with cancer. Then a specialist said to abort her. She made it through everything. She is strong and my love for her is beyond compare. I will continue to update this blog throughout my radiation treatments and as often as I can think about. I start radiation December 3rd. That will be 5 days a week for 4 weeks. I have to drive baby there 1 1/2 hours each way. Gas will be expensive and I am worried about her being out everyday in the cold. So please continue to pray! I appreciate it. I am going to try and attach some pictures.

1 comment:

Christine said...

What a beautiful little blessing!! Happy Birth Day, Gabriella!! You both will continue to be in my prayers, sweetie....**hugs**