Well I looked it up. I found some wonderful info. I knew obviously it was something to do with detecting lymphoma or checking to see if something is wrong with my blood but I like to know for sure. Here is what I found.
- Elevated levels of LDH may be seen with:
- Cerebrovascular accident (CVA, stroke)
- Drugs: anesthetics, aspirin, narcotics, procainamides, alcohol
- Pernicious anemias (megaloblastic anemais)
- Infectious mononucleosis (Mono)
- Intestinal and pulmonary infarction
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Lymphoma or other cancers (this is the one that applies for me)
With some chronic and progressive conditions, and some drugs, moderately elevated LDH levels may persist.
Low and normal levels of LDH do not usually indicate a problem. Low levels are sometimes seen when a patient ingests large amounts of ascorbic acid (vitamin C).
My levels were not even close to high though I forget the exact numbers without looking at the papers. This as good information for me to find!